Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

What is a better way to celebrate the month of October then to go to a pumpkin patch? That's where some of my family and I go as a tradition. So these cakes are for my family: Brandee, little Lance, and Alyssa. Yep we take the hay ride, pick out some pumpkins, ride some fun kiddy rides and shop for the veggies. It's always fun to look forward to every year. Plus the smell of nutmeg reminds me of Brandee because of the pumpkin soup we tried to make a few years back and failed at doing so. Lets just say baked in the pumpkin and loads of nutmeg...... everywhere.

Brandee was just talking about how she loves this time of year because of the pumpkin, chocolate chip cookies. I thought what a good idea for a cupcake. That is what I put in these babies. This is a vanilla cake with pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chocolate chips. The topping is made with cream cheese frosting rolled in orange sugar, decorated with a chocolate chip and more frosting.

The taste needed to be a bit more pumpkiny. I think if I had used pumpkin pie spice it would have done the trick. The cakes are good just the same. When you bite into them they are moist, you taste the pumpkin then the cinnamon, you get a soft crunch of chocolate chips, and a small taste of nutmeg. The frosting wasn't my favorite for this cake. I would have preferred something that complimented the pumpkin flavour more like....... less sugar and a little more cream cheese flavour. Either way a little tweaking and these are going from good to great.

Baby Cake Testers Say: These were good but not great, could of used more pumpkin flavour. Very moist though.

No comments:

Post a Comment