Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Grape PB And J Cakes


I had so much fun making these peanut butter and grape jelly cakes. These cakes remind me of our weekday afternoon lunches at home. My daughter Ella has just recently had her first pb and j sandwich and loves it. I too have been eating these sandwiches and loving them just the same. These fun cakes would be great for a picnic.

These are made with white cake. The colour looks darker because of the small scoop of grape jelly I had mixed in the batter. When you go to take a bite of this yummy cake you'll find that it's filled with grape jelly! The frosting is fluffy peanut butter frosting topped with a fresh grape.

These seemed to be a hit with my baby cake testers. Some of them didn't even realize they were gluten free. They were pretty moist and had a yummy flavour. I was afraid the taste would be too close to the sandwich but to my surprise they taste like a pb and j cake should. The frosting had a taste close to a peanut butter cup, the grape jelly didn't seem to be overwhelming, and the cakes weren't dry. I give this an 8 out of ten.

Baby Cake Testers say: They love this one. The frosting seemed to be the favourite part. It was moist and very tasty. All of the flavours blended well together. I was asked to make this again.

3 comments: